Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Lost Of A Pet

Photobucket Tonight i post with a heavy heart, i am so sad tonight i lost my little buddy today
his Name was Socks . He was my cat as he didn't like anyone else in this house,
he was a cat with a attitude, very independent. Donnie says he got that from me lol. When his feed bowl was empty he would come and bite me not hard but enough to let me know i need to get it filled back up!
He slept with me each and every night, If i got up at 2 am to go to the bathroom he was right beside me, but about a month ago he stated throwing up, at first we didn't think alot about it because he would do that every so often, He was a real picky eater
he would only eat dry cat food and fried bacon, He loved bacon and when i fixed it for him he would take his little head and rub my hand to tell me thank you.We took him to the Vet and he done x rays on him, the vet said he couldn't find anything and he thought that he was just stressed. So he came home on some medicine last week but he didn't get any better. I called back to the vet yesterday and they said bring him back in. He did exploratory surgery on him this morning. Then the dreaded phone call came telling me he had opened him up and had to close him back up because he had tumors running all up his intestines and that he had cancer. He explained the best thing i could do for Socks right now was to let him go in peace. Today i cried i mean cried.Tonight he is running free and has no pain, Socks Socks as i always called him thanks for all the joy your brought into my life. I love you..........your mommy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

RIP Socks. You are running with the angels now. You will be in good company, including some of my dearly departeds, at the Rainbow Bridge.
So sorry for your loss, Breeze and family.

Ronni said...

How sad! Poor baby! I'm glad you had the courage to let him go, Breeze. It's better.