Thursday, July 3, 2008

Why I Love Where I live

I have had so many people ask me "Why in the world did you ever move back here?" You can best bet these folks has never lived in a big city! I was raised here in this little town of 1,100 since i was 9 years old. I now live in the same house i was raised in! When i was 27 we moved to Asheboro, N.C. after my divorce from a real nut me and the kid's moved to Raleigh to get away. Why i choose Raleigh I will never no but i am sure glad and have been very blessed because that's where i met Donnie. I love this little town because there is no traffic, no road rage, everyone knows everyone, and yes most likely everyone knows every one's business that part i could take away if i could. When your house burns down, whoever has a empty one says it's yours till you get on your feet, they have showers for them too and the whole dern town shows up! The school's here are much better then those IN NC because the class rooms are much smaller child wise. We live a block from the big main street which consist of only a Post Office, Flower shop, Funeral Home, and a museum, yep the town has a museum. The little country store is a half block from me, if you send your kid to get something and your short a dime or quarter no problem, bring it back next time and have a good day! I do miss my friends i left in Raleigh and especially Morehead City, but i wouldn't move back for anything!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love small town life too, Breeze. My small town is a tad bigger (pop. about 6500), but it has a lot of the qualities you talk about.

Ronni said...

Round Rock was small when I moved here. Not that small, but small enough to still feel that way. You could walk to the grocery store, and you knew it would be closed for a week after the 4th of July. If your child was hanging around the 7-11 after school, someone you knew would see her and call you about it.

Now, it's so big that, if I hadn't lived her better than 30 years, I'd move to Theon!